WhatsApp your customer experience
With over two billion users worldwide, WhatsApp is fast becoming an invaluable business tool. Anne-Catrin Sallaba of HubSpot offers some top tips on utilisation How much time do we spend on our screens every day? According to a recent study by HubSpot, over a quarter of...
With over two billion users worldwide, WhatsApp is fast becoming an invaluable business tool. Anne-Catrin Sallaba of HubSpot offers some top tips on utilisation
How much time do we spend on our screens every day? According to a recent study by HubSpot, over a quarter of individuals in the UK spend up to ten hours in front of a screen. While many of us may think we are spending too much time on our devices, the study found that 60% of those surveyed believe their phone helps them connect with others. In fact, just under half of those named WhatsApp as their most-used application.
With over two billion active users worldwide, WhatsApp has become one of the most popular messaging apps available. Businesses and marketers have taken notice of the social platform’s success and are now using the app to connect with customers, provide customer support, and deliver marketing messages. But why is WhatsApp such an essential tool for business and marketing, and how can you capitalise on its features to reach the right audience?
In light of the challenging economic times ahead, it’s essential for organisations to do everything they can to keep their customers feeling connected. This sense of loyalty will help businesses weather the storm and remain afloat in a world where customers are digitally drained, and communication channels are oversaturated, WhatsApp integration offers a solution that can help businesses better connect with their customers.
Marketing with WhatsApp provides a new channel for businesses to reach their customers, with the potential for wider demographic reach. With a 98% open rate for WhatsApp text messages, companies can send personalised and automated messages that break through the noise and build stronger relationships with their audience.
With its real-time communication capabilities, customers are able to receive prompt responses and have their questions answered in a timely manner. This can lead to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty, as customers feel that their needs and concerns are being addressed.
In 2023, including WhatsApp in your business plan is essential. Unlike traditional marketing methods such as email, WhatsApp enables real- time communication, and this unique touch makes customers feel valued, encouraging them to engage with the brand. Another bonus of using WhatsApp is its cost-effectiveness. Businesses can reach a large number of customers without breaking the bank.
Additionally, WhatsApp has a global reach, which means that businesses can communicate with customers from all over the world. This expands the potential reach of a business and allows it to target new markets and demographics. Businesses can also reach customers who may not be accessible through other marketing channels, such as those in developing countries or remote areas.
WhatsApp is quite easy to use and does not require any technical knowledge, making it ideal for businesses of all sizes from small startups to large corporations. Its user-friendly and intuitive interface makes it simple for businesses to get started and reach out to customers.
But how exactly can brands use WhatsApp for business and marketing? Here are six ways brands can capitalise on WhatsApp’s offering:
- Know your target audience – The first step in using WhatsApp for business and marketing is to know your target audience. Who are you trying to reach? What are their needs and interests? What are the best ways to communicate with them? Once you have a clear understanding of your target audience, you can tailor your marketing messages to meet their needs and interests.
- Offer customer support – One of the best ways to use WhatsApp for business and marketing is to offer customer support to improve customer satisfaction and build trust and loyalty with their customers. Customers appreciate being able to reach out to a business and receive prompt, personalised assistance.
- Provide information and updates – WhatsApp can be used to provide customers with information and updates about your business and its products or services. This includes new product launches, special promotions, and other important updates. By keeping customers informed, businesses can increase engagement and build stronger relationships with their customers.
- Personalise your marketing – WhatsApp offers businesses the opportunity to personalise their marketing messages that help increase customer engagement and drive conversions. By using customer data and insights, businesses can create targeted messages that speak directly to their customers’ needs and interests.
- Utilise automation – WhatsApp allows businesses to automate certain tasks, such as sending messages and updates to customers. This can help businesses save time and resources, while also ensuring that customers receive timely and relevant messages.
- Analyse and monitor results – Finally, it’s important to track and analyse the results of your WhatsApp marketing efforts. Use analytics tools to measure the success of your campaigns and make data-driven decisions about your marketing strategy. This will help you understand what works best for your business and make informed decisions about future campaigns.
Revolutionising customer communication
In today’s fast-paced digital world, customers expect businesses to be available at all times and at their convenience. In response to this shift, HubSpot has integrated with the WhatsApp Business app, allowing businesses to connect with their customers and prospects through the messaging app.
The integration allows teams to connect an existing WhatsApp business account to their shared inbox in HubSpot, delivering a seamless and unified customer service experience while giving businesses the ability to communicate with customers in their preferred channel. What’s more, all customer interactions are automatically measurable, enabling teams to track effectiveness and maximise their ROI.
The integration also offers teams the ability to connect with customers using their preferred medium, whether that’s text, images, or videos and these can be automated, making it easier to reach customers at scale, while still maintaining a human connection. This personalisation encourages a two- way conversation, building stronger relationships with customers and improving overall customer satisfaction. The integration also allows automating messages and collecting real-time feedback to keep customers informed about updates, such as shipping, support queries, and payments.
With WhatsApp being the most used application for so many, it makes sense for businesses to go where the customers are. Meeting them on their level in this way means businesses can improve customer satisfaction, increase engagement, and drive growth.
Whether you are looking to offer customer support, provide information and updates,
run contests and promotions, personalise your marketing, or utilise automation, WhatsApp is a valuable tool to have in your marketing arsenal.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Anne-Catrin Sallaba is Director of EMEA Customer Success at HubSpot