Twitter suspends Trump’s campaign account
Twitter Inc deleted tweets posted by U.S. President Donald Trump on official government account and suspended his account.....
Twitter Inc on Friday deleted new tweets posted by U.S. President Donald Trump on official government account @POTUS and suspended the account of his presidential campaign, after booting his personal account off the platform permanently.
Trump tweeted “We will not be SILENCED!” from the @POTUS government account, with 33.4 million followers. Twitter had permanently suspended the president’s go-to megaphone, his @realDonaldTrump personal account, hours earlier.
The company said accounts used by Trump to try to get around the ban could face permanent suspension as well under its “ban evasion” policies.
“Twitter is not about FREE SPEECH,” Trump wrote in the now-deleted tweets, adding that he is considering building his own social media platform in the near future.
Twitter shut down his @TeamTrump campaign account shortly after it sent out a tweet with a “statement from President Trump” accusing Twitter of “banning free speech” and coordinating with “the Democrats and the Radical Left” to silence him.
The account shortly before that had pointed its 2.3 million followers to its account on Parler, which is popular with conservatives for its hands-off approach to content moderation.
Alphabet Inc’s Google suspended Parler on Friday, citing posts inciting violence, while Apple Inc gave the service 24 hours to submit a detailed moderation plan.
Reporting by David Shepardson and Katie Paul
For more Trending news follow i-invest Online.
- Ev.energy & Easee partnership launching to save EV drivers money on energy billsSoftware specialist, ev.energy, is teaming up with Easee, one of the world’s top manufacturers of electric vehicle chargers, to offer drivers the opportunity to save hundreds of pounds on their energy bills. Ev.energy is a global software provider of managed electric vehicle (EV) charging. Easee’s innovative domestic charger offers…
- As the US Govt warns telecom firms about hacking breaches, SecurityGen urges mobile operators to revise their approach to security and upgrade their network defencesLast week, multiple US Govt security agencies including the FBI, the National Security Agency (NSA) and the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency, warned that hackers breached major telecoms companies by exploiting software flaws in routers and other network infrastructure equipment. The US report did not…
- FA Solutions launches open-source Client Portal for banking and institutional investorsThe open-source Client Portal enables banks and institutional investors to build and facilitate better services for clients on top of the FA Platform. Helsinki-based cloud portfolio management platform provider FA Solutions has today launched its open-source FA Client Portal that allows its banking and institutional investor clients to…
- Have we the energy for cryptocurrencies?A knock-on effect of the recent crisis in Kazakhstan shows that mining may be the achilles heel of the cryptocurrency industry, says Nathalie Janson of NEOMA Business School
- How to become a TOP 100 InnovatorImagine a tool that allows you to see how your business strategy is set to unfold – with Enterprise Architecture you can