Twitter suspends Trump’s campaign account
Twitter Inc deleted tweets posted by U.S. President Donald Trump on official government account and suspended his account.....
Twitter Inc on Friday deleted new tweets posted by U.S. President Donald Trump on official government account @POTUS and suspended the account of his presidential campaign, after booting his personal account off the platform permanently.
Trump tweeted “We will not be SILENCED!” from the @POTUS government account, with 33.4 million followers. Twitter had permanently suspended the president’s go-to megaphone, his @realDonaldTrump personal account, hours earlier.
The company said accounts used by Trump to try to get around the ban could face permanent suspension as well under its “ban evasion” policies.
“Twitter is not about FREE SPEECH,” Trump wrote in the now-deleted tweets, adding that he is considering building his own social media platform in the near future.
Twitter shut down his @TeamTrump campaign account shortly after it sent out a tweet with a “statement from President Trump” accusing Twitter of “banning free speech” and coordinating with “the Democrats and the Radical Left” to silence him.
The account shortly before that had pointed its 2.3 million followers to its account on Parler, which is popular with conservatives for its hands-off approach to content moderation.
Alphabet Inc’s Google suspended Parler on Friday, citing posts inciting violence, while Apple Inc gave the service 24 hours to submit a detailed moderation plan.
Reporting by David Shepardson and Katie Paul
For more Trending news follow i-invest Online.
- Let nature prosper by designOur society can flourish side-by-side with the planet explains Simon Hombersley, cleantech entrepreneur and Chief Executive of Xampla
- Three quarters of businesses plan to boost market research budgets to win new customers in 202174% of businesses are boosting their marketing and consumer research budgets this year, to better reach potential customers, according to new research from Stravito, a leading provider of knowledge management software for insights
- Bitcoin’s market cap now higher than 9% of global Banking sectorData presented by cryptocurrency trading simulator Crypto Parrot indicates that Bitcoin’s market capitalisation of €0.56 trillion accounts for about 9.2% of the market cap of the global banking sector
- KuCoin Introduces Its Trading Bot for Making Passive IncomeUsers can use the KuCoin Trading Bot for free via the latest version of the KuCoin App, making stable passive income
- Top 10 Security Industry Trends in 2021Hikvision’s countdown of the most important security trends for this year