Twitter suspends Trump’s campaign account
Twitter Inc deleted tweets posted by U.S. President Donald Trump on official government account and suspended his account.....
Twitter Inc on Friday deleted new tweets posted by U.S. President Donald Trump on official government account @POTUS and suspended the account of his presidential campaign, after booting his personal account off the platform permanently.
Trump tweeted “We will not be SILENCED!” from the @POTUS government account, with 33.4 million followers. Twitter had permanently suspended the president’s go-to megaphone, his @realDonaldTrump personal account, hours earlier.
The company said accounts used by Trump to try to get around the ban could face permanent suspension as well under its “ban evasion” policies.
“Twitter is not about FREE SPEECH,” Trump wrote in the now-deleted tweets, adding that he is considering building his own social media platform in the near future.
Twitter shut down his @TeamTrump campaign account shortly after it sent out a tweet with a “statement from President Trump” accusing Twitter of “banning free speech” and coordinating with “the Democrats and the Radical Left” to silence him.
The account shortly before that had pointed its 2.3 million followers to its account on Parler, which is popular with conservatives for its hands-off approach to content moderation.
Alphabet Inc’s Google suspended Parler on Friday, citing posts inciting violence, while Apple Inc gave the service 24 hours to submit a detailed moderation plan.
Reporting by David Shepardson and Katie Paul
For more Trending news follow i-invest Online.
- Don Diablo sells world’s first full length concert NFT for $1.2 millionDutch visionary Don Pepijn Schipper – best known as Don Diablo – has made history with the drop of the world’s first full length concert NFT
- Hurricane Electric establishes points-of-presence in 13 EdgeConneX® Edge Data centres worldwideThese points-of-presence will provide critical IT infrastructure, IP transit, bandwidth and cloud access options to meet accelerating enterprise demand in these edge markets
- Blockchain-powered professional verification platform bridges the trust gapPrimary Source Verification provider, TrueProfile.io® updates its service offering and blockchain partner to deliver unrivalled recruitment offering for businesses and intuitive career platform for individuals
- SH Capital Ltd selects FinIQ as digital trading platformDubai-based fintech provider SH Capital Ltd has chosen FinIQ’s digital trading platform to reconnect businesses with international banking services, digital treasury management solutions, risk management and cash investment products
- Healthcare startups raised $38B in a year; total investments jumped to $135.5BGlobal investments in healthcare startups set a new record in 2020, as investors flocked to this sector due to the pandemic