Brexit Britain: Where We Fall Short
As the UK leaves the European Union, now is a great time to take stock and look at what industries are the most prevalent across the UK, as well as the gaps which need to be plugged. ...
Research by Utility Bidder has analysed the latest ONS UK business activity data to reveal the most common industries around the country.
The UK’s Top 10 Most Common Industries
|Rank||Industry||Number of Companies||%of Companies||Percentage change from 2019|
|1||Professional, scientific & technical||467,595||17.01%||-0.87%|
|3||Business administration & support services||235,755||8.57%||3.06%|
|4||Information & communication||225,745||8.21%||-0.21%|
|6||Arts, entertainment, recreation & other services||175,720||6.39%||0.98%|
|7||Accommodation & food services||161,695||5.88%||2.97%|
|9||Agriculture, forestry & fishing||148,845||5.41%||-0.46%|
|10||Transport & Storage (inc postal)||123,075||4.48%||10.52%|
The experts at Utility Bidder have commented on the research saying:
“It is unsurprising to see that the ‘professional, scientific and technical’ industry is the UK’s most common industry, as this has been the case for over the last 10 years through which the industry has seen stable growth.
“For the 6.39% of UK’s businesses who make up the ‘arts, entertainment, recreation & other services’ industry and the 5.88% of those who account for the ‘accommodation and food’ industry, it will be a tough year due to the coronavirus pandemic, which will impact heavily upon the number of these businesses operating in the economy in the future. Despite the 3.95% growth across these industries from 2019 to 2020, we will likely see a significant decrease in the number of businesses in these industries over the next year if the necessary investment is not provided.
“The ‘Transport & Storage’ industry has seen huge growth in the last year. This is likely to be due to the increase in popularity of online shopping and the globalisation of retail industries and it is likely that the industry will continue to grow over the next year, with the coronavirus pandemic encouraging more people to shop online.”
You can view the full research here: https://www.utilitybidder.co.uk/compare-business-energy/the-uks-most-common-industries/
For more information visit: www.utilitybidder.co.uk
For more Trending news follow i-invest Online.
- Let nature prosper by designOur society can flourish side-by-side with the planet explains Simon Hombersley, cleantech entrepreneur and Chief Executive of Xampla
- Three quarters of businesses plan to boost market research budgets to win new customers in 202174% of businesses are boosting their marketing and consumer research budgets this year, to better reach potential customers, according to new research from Stravito, a leading provider of knowledge management software for insights
- Bitcoin’s market cap now higher than 9% of global Banking sectorData presented by cryptocurrency trading simulator Crypto Parrot indicates that Bitcoin’s market capitalisation of €0.56 trillion accounts for about 9.2% of the market cap of the global banking sector
- KuCoin Introduces Its Trading Bot for Making Passive IncomeUsers can use the KuCoin Trading Bot for free via the latest version of the KuCoin App, making stable passive income
- Top 10 Security Industry Trends in 2021Hikvision’s countdown of the most important security trends for this year